Monday, September 19, 2011

Jen's Jam Drops

It's been very busy at our house for the last little while... I have had been dying to make these yummy jam drops for ages.  My friend Jen made them for afternoon tea one day and I have been thinking about them since.  I have finally made them and they are as good as I had remembered.  Thanks Jenny

Jen’s Yummy Jam Drops

185g butter softened in microwave
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 ¾ cup of plain flour
1 egg and 1 tablespoon water to make egg wash
shredded coconut for rolling

Mix butter sugar and vanilla then add flour.  Refrigerate for ½ hour then roll into little balls, dip into egg wash and then shredded coconut.

Place on tray and use thumb to make jam hole.  Put a small amount of jam into each biscuit.  I find using a good quality jam with a low sugar content like the brand St Dalfour best for baking jam drops, the jam doesn’t burn and bubble.   Bake at 180 for about 25 mins. 

Don’t eat them all by yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment