Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bugs on a Leaf Cake

It's birthday time at our house.  Birthday cakes are a serious business in our family, but this year Master B kept coming up blank when we asked him what kind of cake he wanted.  We were out and about recently and found this great Insect cake mould in Wheel and Barrow.   (Long story short - Kmart have the same mould for lots less than I paid in W & B.  I am not sure if the Kmart one is of a lesser quality but for the amount of times it will be used I doubt it matters.)

So here is what we came up with: Butter Cream Leaf Sponge with Chocolate Ganache Insects.  I am not as excited as some years and I always struggle with my control issues when the children want to help...
Marshmallow Flowers by Miss M, heavily decorated bugs by Miss S.
Overall it did look very fun and the bugs and flowers were in huge demand.  
Happy 5th Birthday Master B


No comments:

Post a Comment