Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dress A as a Maxi Dress

Following my success with Dress A from The Stylish Dress Book I thought I would have another go, this time as a maxi dress.  I know should push myself to move through the book but my sewing competencies sit very comfortably at Dress A and I am a bit scared to go to B.  I found this fantastic Voile at The Bargain Box,   I can't remember exactly but I think it was around $10 a meter - how good is that!  So this is Dress A as a maxi long dress I think I could have done with being a bit longer but I didn't buy enough fabric... next time.

As other sewers have found this dress can be a bit sackish without a belt.

I just love this fabric, it is very thin so I do wear a
Body Sock  underneath. 
Very cool and comfortable for balmy Brisbane days.
Close up of the fabric, I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment