Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dress A in Sarah Watts Fabric

I made another version of my favourite dress, Dress A from Yoshiko Tsukiori Stylish Dress Book - Wear With Freedom.   I know I should challenge myself beyond the first dress in the book but I can make one of these in about an hour and a half and I'm getting really good at Bias Binding too.    This is the Sarah Watts fabric I brought a few weeks ago, over here.

You see, its ok if I buy new fabrics if I use them and not just stash them.
Tote bag to match???
I don't intend to wear them together just holding for the pic.

Best binding ever.

Long distance action shot as I stalk across the park
to separate my children before something nasty happens.
I think the dress will work much better on a sunnier day,
it was much too much of a grey day to  wear a grey dress.


6 comments:

  1. I think the combination of brown leather..belt and sandals...works really well with the grey fabric and cardi. A great little dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, they are my fave belt and shoes I wear them with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really lovely dress and those fabrics are lush! I have one of the Nani Iro books thats been sitting on my shelf waiting to be used. Am now feeling inspried to have a go at something for the summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I hope you do, can't wait to see pics when you are done!

      Delete
  4. I love that style and the fabric is neat. xxx

    ReplyDelete