Friday, June 14, 2013

Noro Taiyo Cowl/Infinity Scarf

I keep meaning to post this little beauty.  Its a project that was going along brilliantly, then went horribly wrong, then recovered a little, went horribly wrong again and ended up perfect!  What a saga.  I really like project saves, the challenge is rewarding and its great not to waste materials or your efforts.

I really wanted to make this Shawlini pattern from Ravelry but my pattern dyslexia got the better of me.  I wasn't increasing correctly and my counting was way out so I added rows of treble to the sides and  a scallop boarder.  I also tried to undo the project early when I realised how off it was but the yarn kept splitting so I turned that bit into the flower.

Noro Taiyo yarn crochet with a size 5 hook.  1 x 100 gr or 200 mtr

The original pattern runs through the centre, the
added treble sides and scallop are my fix.. 

Flower fix for the mashes, frayed ends.
Finished - as an Infinity Scarf

As a Cowl


  1. Looks lovely, not sure how. I missed it , either being made or worn !

  2. The girls wear this one a lot so I rarely get a chance.