Saturday, December 31, 2011

Camping Stewy Goodness

We are madly packing away for going camping at our house.  Mr Daddy is trying to work out how to attach the new roof racks (not going too well by the amount of grumping I can hear coming from the garage.)  I am in charge of all things kitchen and am making one pot meals to heat and serve.

Sample for Lunch, it's pretty nice
I was really inspired by all the bits of pieces of homegrown veggies we have around the place and the challenge of trying to make something with them that wasn't ratatouille.  We are at the end of our summer crops  (I always feel a bit pretentious saying crops when I just have a few little garden beds.)   Anyway so I pretty much have a bit of a mish mosh of veggies that are less than perfect specimens.   I didn't think to take a before picture to show you but they were impressive in a sad kind of big supermarket reject way.  I had the last of grandmas butternut pumpkins, capsicums, egg plant and zucchini from my garden.  So here is what I made...

Chicken, Chickpea and Chucked in Veggie Tagine

2 red onions, chopped
2 red capsicum, chopped
1 medium size butter nut pumpkin., peeled and chopped
2 x 400g cans of tomatoes
2 x 400g cans of chick peas
3 medium zucchinis, chopped
2 medium sized eggplant, chopped
500g chopped chicken thigh
(we don't eat huge amounts of meat so you may like to add more for more of a carnivores meal.)
1 x 400g coconut milk
2 tablespoons korma curry paste

In a large pan fry onions in a tablespoon of olive oil then brown chicken meat.  Then place all the ingredients into a low cooker or large pot if you don't have a slow cooker.  Stir well to combine, set heat and walk away.
Before applying heat

After

Serve with rice it tastes great.





No comments:

Post a Comment