Monday, August 22, 2011

Can't Have Too Many Pin Cushions

One of my lovely friends gave me this tea cup pin cushion she made and I love it, I take it all around the house with me as I potter around doing various projects.  

I found this little well loved jug for $2 at one of our local flea markets.  It was very dirty, judging by the water marks probably due to being used as a pot plant holder.  It has a crack or two and has lost much of it's glass glaze surface so not suitable for liquid, but perfect for a pin cushion!
Before 


After
 Really easy to make: I just rolled up a big ball of scraps,
 Covered the ball with one of my recently purchased beautiful woolen squares,
Secured the big ball with one of the girls hair bands and stuffed it all into the jug!


6 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I have an abundance of teacup saucers cos the teacups always get smashed.. any ideas with what to do with the saucers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very clever..something I have had bookmarked for ever ..you may have just spurred me on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet and easy, love it, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these before and afters, what a great way to show how we can recycle old goods and bring them back to good new uses.

    ReplyDelete