Thursday, July 4, 2013

Jane Austin Girls Dress

Miss S and I stayed up way too late one night and watched an old BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.  Needless to say she was hooked and has been living in a Regency cloud since.  She asked if I could make her a Jane Austin Dress, could I ever!  Its a dream come true to make period costumes for my children.
I used the Make it Perfect Wonderland pattern  that I love and have used before to make nighties for the girls.  I also did a bit of Stash Bashing and used a pink flannelette I have been hoarding for 10 years!

It's a tad big, I made it for about a size 10 because this girl grows
 at a rate of knots and I like to get milage out of things.

I made the skirt part much longer than the pattern,
and made the bodice a bit shorter for a more Regency look.
  They are both really easy adjustments to make on the pattern.
 I also made the back bodice piece as one panel instead of needing buttons
(Why make things trickier.) 
Some ribbons and trim for extra prettiness.
 There has been much Princess-ing in our house since.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. If there has to be princess play I think Lizzie Bennett is absolutely preferable to Disney!

    ReplyDelete